Over the years I must’ve tried dozens of different foundations, here is a review of the latest pharmacy brand I tried.
Name of Product: Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25H Foundation
Where Purchased: Well.ca (online pharmacy)
Product Description: A medium coverage long-lasting liquid foundation available in 11 shades.
– Long-lasting. I didn’t try 25 hours but I wear it for 16 hours regularly and it does not slide from my face at all. I even took a nap with it and it didn’t come off on the sheets.
– Moisturizing. I have very sensitive skin therefore I often have rashes and eczema on my face. The foundation did not make it worse or dry up my skin.
– Acne prone skin safe. It did not make me break out despite being moisturizing and not being oil-free.
– Yellow shades. This is great for people with yellower skin tones who have a hard time finding matching shades with other foundations. The shade that matched best my skin (I’m slightly darker than MAC NC15 but significantly paler than NC20) was True Ivory. It’s a little bit yellower/darker than my skin when I apply it on my face but it blends really well and see no line of demarcation on my jaw and neck.
– Wet. The foundation stays wet on the face (no ‘powder’ finish) and requires a generous amount of setting powder.
– Shiny. I found the foundation to be shinier in general than other foundations. It does not become shiny throughout the day but rather it has a ‘sparkly?’ finish. I fixed this issue with applying a lot of blot/mattifying pressed powder over it but it still has a little shine. Nothing noticeable but a bit more than I’m used to.
– Yellow shades. Many other online reviewers of this product found it hard to match the colours to their skin and complained about the yellowness of the shades. I do not recommend this foundation for people with warm/pink overtones.
Overall Rating: 7/10, I would buy it again and I think it’s a good pharmacy-brand foundation for cosplay at about 10$ a bottle.